Boston Design Center is a progressive, all-inclusive design resource that is quickly becoming a leader in a fast-changing industry. We're expanding beyond the traditional design-trade-only model to embrace technology, improve consumer access, co-locate with related industries, and provide on-site manufacturing, event space, and innovative programming. The Innovation and Design Building and its anchor, Boston Design Center, are steadily attracting Boston's brightest designers, skilled makers, specialty manufacturers, and home and contract furnishings.
Boston Design Center is open to all. Visitors can browse all showrooms and purchase directly from ground floor showrooms Ann Sacks and Waterworks, however we ask that you pair with a designer before purchasing from trade showrooms. We have professional designers available on site; visit the Design Services page for details. For more information please visit our concierge on level 2.
Our online directory is the most up-to-date reference guide for showrooms, manufacturers, and new product lines. The Boston Design Center produces a printed directory of the building each year. Copies are available at the front desk and throughout the Design Center common areas. Please note that the information listed in the printed directory may not be up to date; view the information below for the most current showroom listings.
View Floor Plans
Visit the IDB
The Innovation and Design Building (IDB) is a 1.4 million square foot mixed-use complex located in the Innovation District of Boston's Seaport neighborhood.
The Boston Design Center is closed on the following days in 2019. The management office and some showrooms may not close per this schedule; please check with the individual showrooms for their holiday schedule.
- Tuesday Jan 1st 2019 New Years Day - Closed
- Monday Feb 18th President's Day -Closed
- Monday April 15th Patriots Day - Closed
- Friday May 24th - Closing at 1PM
- Monday May 27th Memorial Day - Closed
- Thursday July 4th Independence Day - Closed
- Friday July 5th - Closed
- Friday August 30th - Closing at 1PM
- Monday September 2nd Labor Day - Closed
- Wednesday November 27th - Closed at 1PM
- Thursday November 28th Thanksgiving - Closed
- Friday November 29th - Closed
- Tuesday December 24th Christmas Eve - Closed
- Wednesday December 24th Christmas - Closed
- Tuesday December 31st New Year's Eve - Closed
- Wednesday January 1st 2020 New Year's Day – Closed
Boston Design Center overlooks historic Boston Harbor. It's five minutes from Logan International Airport and easily accessible by automobile, public transportation, bike, or even ocean liner! Get Directions.
Open Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., except noted holidays and building closings.